Our client required a number of in-demand tech skills to build and support their digital products. Despite significant investment in this area, they still found they were unable to bring in the volume of tech talent required to meet their delivery needs through their preferred channels. The solution so far has been a heavy reliance on third-party services companies and contractors to close the gap.
They recognised three main challenges:
1. A heavy reliance on third parties and contractors to meetdelivery needs which is expensive
2. Experienced engineers proved a very costly way of completing simple tasks/boilerplate code
3. Less engagement from experienced engineers doing a significant amount of uninspiring work
• To create a balanced, more engaged team
• To create a more cost efficient use of experienced engineers
• Reduce dependency on third parties/contractors, and provide a sustainable, cost-effective strategy by creating the skills needed for the long term.